Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tutu First Birthday Cake

TWO IN THE TWILIGHT


flows between you and me on the lookout
a submarine radiance profiles deformed
hills and your face.
is in a fleeting background, every gesture
yours is foreign
you, go in without a trace
and vanishes in the middle that covers
each trail, closing in your path:
you here with me, in this air
down to seal the torpor of the rocks.

I dropped
in power who weighs around, I give
to spell
not recognize me as anything out of me if I raise my arm just
, I returned outside
my act is part of a crystal
unknown and obscured his memory, and the gesture
and not mine, if I speak, I listen
astonished that voice down to its range
remote or dead in the air that sustains it.

Thus, the point to resist to the last
consumption of light, hard
fainting, and then a murmur rises
valleys in
frantic and starts shaking the fronds of a rumor
very slight stretching between fast
smoke and lights
first draw and docks.
... words fall soft
between us. I look
in a soft reflection.
I do not know if I know, I know that I was never
as separate as you at this late
return. Moments
burned all of us, but two faces, two masks
where recording a half-hearted smile
.

Eugenio Montale
version Jesús López Pacheco

0 comments:

Post a Comment